Sunday 7 November 2010

Change in thought patterns

Since I saw my therapist on Tuesday I am noticing a difference in my thoughts. I think she somehow, hypnotised me, or spoke to my subconcious because I don't seem to be obsessing and thinking about vomiting too much. Before, if I was unoccupied my brain would start to think about being sick over and over, and they would be really clear, vivid thoughts where I could atually see the vomit coming up my throat and out of my mouth (Sorry if this is too graphic!) I would literally obsess over it.
But I've caught myself not thinking about it so often. Every now and then I will think about it, but not for long and not so vividly.
Could this be the end of my phobia??

1 comment:

  1. OK Should not have read that whilst having breakfast lol, that is so good Sophie, its early days so you might still have set backs but dont beat yourself up over it if you do, are you having Cognitive therapy? As that will teach you how to recognise triggers and think differently. She sounds like she is a a good therapist xxxx

    ReplyDelete