Tuesday 23 November 2010

Up before midday

Today I was up and out of bed before 12pm. For some people, well for most people this is quite normal. But for me, it is a rarity! The past few months I have been sleeping till 4pm and not going to bed until 3am..so almost nocturnal!

But today my Dad woke me up and I took my ear plugs out and got up! Had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast, had a shower... Took Dad to work then went round my boyfriends. We had a very nutritional (ho ho) Mcdonalds for dinner and watched the 1st and 2nd Harry Potter films. I did have a bit of a cat nap though...

So I'm feeling quite upbeat about today. I hope tomorrow I can continue this and wake up early again :)


Now I'd like to share a few thoughts with you regarding 5 beautiful men... Take That.

I've always been a MASSIVE Robbie fan since I was about 10, I remember getting his album Sing When You're Winning and singing the songs on the way to school with my friend... I became a Take That fan when they came back on the scene in 2005? By this time Robbie was sort of out of the picture but I still loved him. Over these past few years I am become obsessed with Take That, I love their music, their tours are always amazing, and they're nice chaps. Now Robbie has re joined I'm sort of split on my opinion of it all.
I do think it's great they're back together, but I think Robbie missed his chance when they asked him back in 2005 and he turned it down. Now Take That are riding high and Robbie's last album was a flop - he suddenly wants to join them? I watched the documentary about his return the other week and I sensed a few of the band member weren't keen on him coming back. Their album seems very Robbie influenced, the lyrics seem similar to his stuff and not very Take That-ie.

In The Flood video as Robbie is the lead vocalist he is in it the most which I found annoying. When they've performed live he seems to be acting like the "lead singer" or still as a solo artist in the way he is acting and singing which I'm not comfortable with. Gary, Mark, Jason or Howard have never performed that way.
It could be down to nerves though, I know Robbie suffers from terrible stage fright and anxiety and puts on this front of "the big ego". I just hope once he has settled in he won't be so.. in your face and over the top. Right now it feels as though it's Take That feat. Robbie Williams?

No comments:

Post a Comment