Saturday 9 October 2010

Football

This is just going to be a quick post before I got to bed.
Last night I went to see the England under 21 team play Romania at the Norwich City Football ground. It was a sell out match so there would be 26k people there. During the afternoon my mood dropped and I became very aggitated by every little thing and was thinking about not going. But then I thought if I don't go I'm just going to be home alone and will probably go to sleep.

I took my emergancy sick bag in my handbag as I always do whenever I go out - just so I know it's there if I need it!
We parked the car about 10 minutes walk away from the football ground and began heading down to Carrow Road. There were people every where, all walking towards the ground... I didn't like walking with all these people walking fast, I was scared I was going to get seperated from my parents or the people were looking at me funny.

When we walked through the gates and I saw all these swarms of people queing up to go in, it hit me and I burst into tears. It came out of no where so I couldn't stop it and I can't even tell you when I cried really! I was just terrified to be around all these people. I told my mum and she held my hand and we walked to a slightly clearer part. I was so scared I was going to get seperated from my family and get lost and panic on my own! Then we walked through the turn styles and then up the little tunnel to the pitch. And I saw the stand opposite will all these thousands of people and the noise of everyone- and I burst into tears again!! Just, all of a sudden I shook and cried.. Deary me. My Mum comforted me and quickly took me to our seats and we sat down. Once I was sitting down I was okay, I knew I wasn't going to get lost and I could focus my mind on different things. My parents kept talking to me to keep me pre occupied from panicking.

Anyway, the match was really good and we won 2-1! I got quite into it- it's the first match I've been to for about 5 years I think. Since the world cup this year I've developed a love for football and get really into it and quite passionate about it! I really want to go to a Norwich match and support my team - the atmosphere is great when everyones cheering the boys on and we score!

I just wanted to write this down, so I can look back and see that yes, I did panic and get upset, but I didn't run away. I stayed and stuck it out and I was okay. I felt proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment