Thursday 28 October 2010

Superdrug Haul

I went late night shopping this evening and popped into Superdrug for some goodies! I wanted to get some new foundation as the powder one I bought a few weeks ago is too dark, and the liquid one is too light!! So hopefully these ones will be better.. I couldn't chose which one to get, and as they were only around £6 each I decided to get both.

I'd been reccomended Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse by someone on youtube so I got that in the shade Ivory as I'm so pale! I'd also seen Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection foundation reccomened on youtube too so got that in Ivory also. All foundations seem to have a really... browny tinge to them, yet my skin is so pale it's so hard to get a good colour match. We'll see how it goes with these and I'll let you know what I think of them! And I got the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfect concealer, it was only £3 and it's been highly reccomended by a lot of youtubers!

I also got the nail polish I'd been wanting for a while... Mint Green by Barry M. It was £2.95 which is a good price, I don't think I'd ever spend over £4 on nail polish tbh. I love the colour of this!

I was glad to see the MUA stand was full of products as the last time I went in superdrug there was hardly anything left. I got 3 eye shadows in nice natural colours so I can do a smokey eye look with them. I also got some liquid eye liner, a nude lip gloss, a clear nail varnish and two lipsticks. All of these are only £1 each!! BARGAIN.

I also got some Nourishing Night Cream and Moisture Cream from the Superdrug "Vitamin" range. There was an offer on where you could get two products for £4 which I thought was good! The Night Cream smells so yummy, it smells kind of like coconut. I've put some on this evening and it sinks into the skin quickly so it's not greasy. I like to moisturise my face everyday as I hope this will prevent lots of wrinkles when I'm older!

I went in Primark too ad spent FAR too much money.. I'll do a video for youtube about that tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. To get a good match on foundation I usually put it on the back of my hand, I have used that dream matte mouse one but found it very dry, I now use their dream satin liquid, much better coverage and lasts longer, have you tried using a translucent power over your foundation? The creams sound very good and a nice price, I love the colour of that nail varnish!!! Bet you feel good after that lovely retail therapy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shellie_B I've just realised the foundation I was looking for was the one you mentioned, the dream satin liquid! Bugger! I tried the mousse one today, I applied it with a foundation brush and it covered really well and I only needed to use a tiny bit. Not sure how long it lasts as I only had it on for a few hours before I took it off to put my halloween make up on!
    I've never used a translucent powder, have you?

    The nail polish is lovely isn't it! Such a pretty colour!! I felt so proud of myself last night - I spent about 5 minutes alone in Superdrug. My friend had to go and take her little boy to the loo so I was left, stranded on my own. Not for long but long enough! That is the first time in over a year I'd been alone in a shop in the city... May sound trivial, but to me it was such a massive accomplishment!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete